40678 - K470 Aluminum Case
- Quick Specs: 22.95 x 15.28 x 13.26, 11lbs, 60L
- Stackable with other 22.95 x 15.28″ footprint cases: 40810, 40568 & 40564
- Also stackable with K440 series cases: 40701, 40702, 40703 & 40704
- Grizzly Bear Certified – safe for backcountry travel
- Ideally sized for low profile roof racks, interior storage
The ZARGES K470 premium aluminum shipping and storage case provides perfect protection, even under the most extreme conditions. The K470 is ATA 300 approved, lightweight, rugged, and dust and water-resistant. Its durable construction provides optimal protection for any contents.
The ZARGES K470 universal case is a true classic. Introduced in 1950, it is still known for its innovative and ergonomic design and its durable construction. These characteristics made it the foundation on which most of our cases are based and reflect the quality and the decades of experience of the ZARGES logistics team.
The design of the K470 has changed only slightly over almost 70 years, to keep abreast of the latest technological developments. Among the many included features is a lid with stainless steel hinge, snap fasteners, two lid straps, an all-round polyurethane seal, cast-aluminum stacking corners, three fully-welded aluminum profile frames, riveted joints, beading, and corner beads for additional stability, and ergonomic and durable comfort handles that are easy to use, even with gloves.
Our cases can be up to 50% more efficient than competing cases due to the advantages provided by aluminum. Thinner case walls mean more room for cargo and less weight for the case construction, reducing logistics and shipping costs. ZARGES aluminum cases are lighter and allow for more cargo in the same footprint than comparably sized chipboard or plastic cases.
The K470 family of cases are approved for airline transport, both in cargo and, in certain sizes, as a carry-on. In addition, several sizes have been certified Grizzly Bear Resistant by the IGBC. This unique bear-proof certification is required in some national parks and conservation areas throughout North America.
ZARGES K470 GENERAL FEATURES:
- Flagship heavy-duty transport cases
- IP56 dust and water resistance
- All-aluminum construction
- Heirloom quality; stronger than plastic
- Stackable corners are extremely durable
- Lockable with padlocks or optional key locks
- Easily mounted on roof racks & interior load spaces
- Resistant to extreme cold & heat, vibration and drops